Mr. Arun Shrestha, CEO and Founder of BeyondID, inc.
Arun Shrestha has over 20 years of building and leading enterprise software and services companies. As CEO, Arun is committed to building a world class organization with its mission to help our customers build secure, agile and future-proof business. Arun prides in partnering with customers to strategize and deploy cutting edge technology that delivers top business results. Prior to co-founding BeyondID, Arun held executive positions at Oracle, Sun Microsystems, SeeBeyond and most recently Okta, which went public in 2017. At Okta, Arun was responsible for delighting customers and for building world class services and customer success organizations. At Oracle and Sun Microsystems, Arun led global services and support organizations for systems and software including Java, SOA, Identity Management platforms. Arun brings years of delivering modern IT solutions related to Identity, API and Cloud to global customers across Americas, EMEA and APAC regions. Arun earned his BS in Computer Engineering and Computer Science from Graceland University, Iowa.
Fire Side Chat Participants:
Dr. Deepak Shrestha, Engineer and Entrepreneur
- CEO of NMS Holding Inc. which owns and manages multiple national brand restaurants like IHOP, Dairy Queen, Sarku Japan, etc. in Maryland & Virginia creating direct employment for more than 500 local people. Nov 2004 to present.
- CEO of Universolutions LLC, an IT and Engineering Consulting company. Oct 1999 to present.
- Director of Eagle Research Laboratory, an R&D company developing systems for vehicle tracking and drivers training. Jul 2000 to Jun 2001.
- Research Assistant at the Center for Advanced Transportation Technology of the University of Maryland, College Park. Jan 1999 to June 2000.
- Research Assistant at the Center for Intelligent Systems Research of George Washington University. Jan 1998 to Dec 1998.
- Transportation Engineer/Planner at Fukuyama Consultants International, Tokyo. Oct 1993 to Dec 1997.
- Highway Engineer at the Department of Roads, Nepal. May 1986 to Jul 1991.
- Ph.D. in Engineering from the University of Maryland at College Park, MD.
- Master’s in engineering from the University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering from NIT, Nagpur, India.
- “Hardware and Software for Collecting Microscopic Trajectory Data on Naturalistic Driving Behavior” published in Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems in February 2017.
- “Perception and Reaction Time of Tailgating Drivers from Naturalistic Driving Data” presented in the 89th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board in Washington DC in January 2010.
- “Monitoring and Alert Systems for Tailgating Behavior of Drivers” paper presentation in IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference 2005 Fall in Dallas, Texas
- “Performance Evaluation of Incident Management Program, CHART in 1997” presented in the 80th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC in 2001. “Modal Distribution Model for Inter-City Freight Transport” in the International Symposium on Advanced Transportation Application held in Aachen, Germany in 1994.
- “Road Infrastructure and Transport in Nepal” in the 15th annual Proceedings of Infrastructure Planning of Japan Society of Civil Engineers in 1992.
Mr. Kris Ghimire, PMP, Technologist and Entrepreneur
CEO of Ghimire Homes
- One of the top Real Estate Agents in Baltimore County. Serves Baltimore, Howard, Harford, Montgomery and other Baltimore/ DC metro areas & the commonwealth of Pennsylvania . Closed over 500 million dollars in residential and commercial real estate & mortgage transactions since 2005.
- Past experiences also include managing an IT department for one of the national lending companies, providing support to/ working with the federal government via SAIC as a contractor.
- Manage and mentor 53 licensed agents in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- Over 18 years of combined experience in real estate and mortgage lending industry.
- Provides residential and commercial real estate services as well as business brokerage services.
- University of Maryland Baltimore County Master of Science (M.S.), Information Technology
- University of Maryland Baltimore County Bachelor of Science (BS), Information Technology
Mr. Kul Acharya, Engineer/Entrepreneur
Originally from Chitwan, Nepal, Kul has been living in Baltimore Maryland since 2005. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Bachelor’s Degree in Management, a Master’s Degree in Sociology and Anthropology, as well as a Master’s Degree in Environmental Management. Carries 28 years of experience in engineering, construction, and development sectors. Spent 12 years in the non-governmental sector working with national and international agencies including Canadian Cooperation Office, DFID, UNDP, DANIDA, and Action Aid International. Worked for a few years as a Civil Engineer Consultant for Baltimore City. Worked with local and State government and the private sector as a contractor in the construction industry, implementing and managing residential, commercial, and public works. Performed as a minority contractor in local, state, and federal contracts in the roads, transportation, and water supply sector.
Currently, He works as a Construction Analyst for the US Government, runs a general construction company as CEO, and owns retail stores as a side business. Licensed Real estate Agent with Century 21 in Maryland and real estate investor. Involved in Construction and Real Estate sectors in Qatar and Nepal as well.
He also served as a past president (and current chair of the Board of Trustees) of BANA and chair of the Liaison Committee of the ASNEngr.
Mr. Subash Poudel